Thursday, June 23, 2011

Throwback Thursday [Summertime and Big Shot Rob]



I don't know if "Summertime" by Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff should even be considered a Throwback song, despite that it clearly is. I say that because 5 to 10 times each summer I want to hear this song. I loved the song when it came out in 1991 and still to this day I listen to like it was brand new. To me it's just as much a part of summer as baseball and cooking food on the grill.









iPhone Mobile and App Users Click Here


Robert Horry, otherwise known as "Big Shot Rob" averaged about 7 points a game and about 5 rebounds. Not the type of numbers that get a lot of attention. But it was Horry's flare for the dramatic that made him the legendary player he is. He hit just as many, if not more, high pressure game winning shots in big games than any other players of his era and won 7 NBA titles, that's more then Jordan or Kobe, with the Rockets, Lakers, and Spurs. There are some people that think that a player with the career averages of "Big Shot Rob" has no place in the Hall of Fame, I however, am not one of them. With all the last second, miracle shots, and 7 Titles for 3 teams where he was a key player he's a Hall of Famer to me.




Fun Fact: The first time I called 103 Jamz to request a song it was for "Summertime". It ended up making the top 8 at 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment