Thursday, June 9, 2011

Throwback Thursday




Throwback Thursday was started by a friend of my brothers, named Jamie (cool guy, ex-NAVY and sells great jerseys at good prices) some time back. Basically he would post old-school hip-hop songs on Facebook and call it Throwback Thursday. 

The idea caught on, eventually the world famous Mike and Bob Show started doing throwback Thursday, Bob would post some of his favorite old school songs on the Facebook, even I started posting some songs as well, and at one point it seemed like half of my friends on Facebook were posting old school rap tracks each week. 

Since the Mike and Bob Show has faded away so has the mass appeal of Throwback Thursday. But this is something that I want to bring to this wonderful Blog. Check back each Thursday for my Throwback Thursday song of the Week. 

Also, I'm gonna be putting my own spin on things, and post my some of my favorite NBA players from the past.

Today, I'm going with two of my personal favorites, "
Mind Playing Tricks on Me" by the Geto Boys. Which was and still is to this day, one of my favorite songs. And Joe Dumars, Dumars was part of the "Bad Boy" era with the Pistons, along side Bill Lambere, Dennis Rodman, and Isiah Thomas to name a few. Dumars was one of the best scores I'd ever seen, an extremely tough defensive player and a great pure shooter, who helped lead the Pistons to back to back NBA Championships. 

Fun Fact: Speaking of my brother earlier, he's had the 
same Joe Dumars basketball card since he was about 10, some 15 years later it's still prominently displayed in the center of his refrigerator.









No comments:

Post a Comment