Thursday, June 16, 2011

Throwback Thursday



Everyone has heard Blacksheep's biggest hit "The Choice is Yours" at the very least because it was in a commercial with hamsters or gerbils or whatever, I can't tell the difference, dancing and driving around in cars. But their other hit "Strobelite Honey" is a pretty great song itself. Their entire album "A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" is Awesome, I'm a big fan of "Similak Child" and the skit "L.A.S.M." which as a young kid gave me a misconception about what the word "ho" meant...oh to be young again. 




There were 2 Larry Johnson's the first was the 1st Round draft pick of the Charlotte Hornets. A 6'5 raw power forward that played a back the the basket post-up game. Then there was the veteran small forward that played for the New York Knicks, who took mostly long jumpers and 3's (and one very famous 4-point play) and worked with the younger players on the team. He was a big part of the Knicks going to the Finals as an 8 seed in 1999, something that had never happened before, and hasn't happened since.



Fun Fact: My mom bought the Blacksheep tape for me, they wouldn't sell it to me because I was so young. She bought it at Tower Mall, which is now destroyed

No comments:

Post a Comment