Monday, December 12, 2011

9. Watch the Throne


I was very curious about how I would feel about Watch the Throne, Kanye is one of my favorite musicians Ever, but I've always found Jay-Z extremely lackluster, so it was with great trepidation that I first listened to Watch the Throne, and I was massively surprised, instead of Jay infecting Kanye's style (which a lot of people assumed would happen) it was Jay-Z almost doing a Kanye impression on this album, being more honest and venerable, at its best I thought Watch the Throne would be good in spite of Jay and was pleasantly surprised that Jay-Z delivered the best performance of his careen on this album. And the songs are just really dope, "Murder to Excellence" for me is the best song of the entire year, "Ni**as in Paris" is a supremely fun and catchy song, as is "That's my Bitch" and "Otis", Watch the Throne is fun, flashy, empowering, inspirational, and very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment